on releasing dead weight

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

gearing up

i admit, even as i write this, i still don't care that i'm fat. i think i'm depressed; i think i'm confused and confounded; i think i want things i can't readily decide to have (ie, a pregnancy). i have no control over what's going on in my life right now, and so, i eat.

BUT...but...i am writing. i feel that even if today still wasn't the day i started to regain peace with food, i am gearing up for peace. i am gearing up, and getting it out. if i don't feel these feelings and try to be patient with myself, i will never be ready.

i want to be ready. but when was the last time wanting something was enough?

1 comment:

meg said...

I still don't really care either. I mean, I guess I do...but not as much as I should.

And the girl who ran, biked, lifted weights and thought her size 6 was enormous...is most likely gone for good! I would have rather died than look like I do now.

But what I look like, is what I look like...but I sure wish I could find that peace too.