on releasing dead weight

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

evaluate, revise

it's been awhile. thankfully, not because this whole losing weight thing has fallen to shit...it's going very well. i am currently 164lbs, down from 177. not bad.

what i do realize is, now that i'm on a roll, i don't need to write daily...but i do like knowing i can come here and write about eating and stuff.

i am having a difficult time not falling into the faster, faster trap. i'm losing weight steadily, and now fit into the jeans i bought before becoming pregnant. that is huge and i'm really glad about it, but now all i want is the rest to come off even faster. like, tomorrow.

so i'm here, just trying to take this all day by day, trying to appreciate how much i weigh right now. the only thing i can do to lose more weight is to keep being patient and keep doing what i'm doing, and the only way to do that is by NOT getting ahead of myself. eating less and less will only make me hungry, and once that happens, compulsive overeating has a foot in the door.

BREATHE, charmedgirl...BREATHE. (hey, i can even breathe with these jeans on! YAY!)

ok, so...three balanced meals a day. nothing in-between. always have a plan (like now i know that i get a little bag of dark chocolate covered almonds for the drive home from the market once a week). green tea kicks ass.

for today, i'm still good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! The only thing better than seeing regular posts here is seeing these happy interludes full of power and positive. You should be seriously proud, you're doing SO well!!!

meg said...

You are doing great. I'm glad that it all feels like you are in control and on a roll (hey, that rhymes).

I love dark chocolate almonds. I think I need a weekly treat too. And you have totally converted me to green tea. I love it now.

missing_one said...

yay for the weight-loss! You're doing great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=pandamaran swimming pool complex ?
I noticed the phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg